The Staff Networks were established to support members of staff in their working lives and to promote awareness of equality and inclusion within the Trust.
The aims of the staff networks are outlined below:
- to promote a work environment in which all staff feel supported and valued, whilst enabling them to fulfil their potential and contribute to the benefit of the service and our patients
- to challenge discrimination and to positively promote equality
- to ensure that good practice and initiatives to promote equality and inclusion are shared
- to provide a forum for discussion and debate which draws on knowledge and experience
- to act as a driving force to promote continuous practice improvement
- to develop and coordinate an action plan for positive change and ensure Trust policies are inclusive
- to assist the Trust in meeting its obligations regarding its duty under the Equality Act and NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS)
- to provide a place for staff receive peer support i.e. raise concerns and ideas in a safe and confidential environment.
Membership is encouraged, particularly if you identify with one or more of the groups but each of the groups are also looking for ‘allies’ people who have a particular interest, you may have a friend or family member who identifies with one or more of the groups, or you may simply have an interest in equality and inclusion.
By joining the network you will:
- play an important role in helping to improve your workplace
- ensure specific issues are understood and addressed and
- ensure your voice is heard
- promote awareness
For further information please email the following contacts: